09 Feb What’s really possible with Invisalign?
What’s really possible with Invisalign?
Are you interested in Invisalign (do not change this link) or Invisalign Teen (do not change this link) for your child? Are you asking yourself ‘is it the right choice for me’?
Maybe you’ve already had a consultation with a dentist, and you’ve been told that Invisalign can straighten your front teeth, and that’s all that really matters, right?
Invisalign is a lot more capable than that, in the hands of a skilled Orthodontist.
Invisalign can do the ‘easy’ bit of straightening the front teeth, although we’ve heard many horror stories of dentists getting into trouble due to a lack of orthodontic knowledge and training.
It is more than possible to correct your bite and improve jaw function with Invisalign.
Importance of a good bite
Why is this important? You might ask.
- Over-bites, under-bites, cross-bites and open-bites can cause severe problems if left untreated.
- Your jaw muscles are very strong. They generate considerable force as your teeth bite together.
- If your bite is not correct, it can pass that force onto your teeth in a way that creates problems.
- A bad bite can ultimately loosen teeth, cause teeth to fall out, cause sore ligaments, fracture your teeth, contribute to a receding gum line, cause painful or clicking jaw
- joints, and lead to agonising headaches and neck pain.
Problems that can cost many thousands to fix in later life.
So yes, a proper bite is an important part if a smile for life. You should never let a dentist tell you thats its not important.
We at Your Smile Specialist want you to have a smile that lasts a lifetime.
Some more benefits. A good bite helps you:
- Improves the look of your smile. The best smiles have a good bite.
- With chewing, digestion, and speech. No one ones to spit our find due to poor bite.
- Prevent unnecessary strain on your jaws, teeth, and facial muscles.
- Avoid biting your lip, cheeks, and tongue
- Avoid abnormal tooth wear, jaw pain, headaches, and tooth fractures
How to Choose the Right Orthodontist
If you have crooked teeth and would like to discuss your treatment options you should consult with a specialist orthodontist.
All our Smile Specialists are experts in Invisalign and all types of orthodontic treatment. We will always talk to you about all your options. We will evaluate your specific issues on your initial consultation. Creating beautiful smiles no matter how challenging is what we do!
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation Today
As a new patient, you can take advantage of an FREE initial consultation. The friendly team at Your Smile Specialist will make you feel comfortable as we discuss you or your child’s smile, explain your treatment options and provide the information you need to make a wise decision about your oral health.